Port Elgin Power & Sail Squadron
The Power Squadron movement began in the Boston in 1912 when a group of powerboat owners banded together with the purpose of improving their skills in all phases of marine activity. The US squadron was formed officially in New York in 1914. Finally Windsor Ontario sailors heard about the benefits from the Detroit Squadrons.
Windsor Squadron was the first in Canada formed in 1938. It became a national organization in 1941 and a full legal entity in 1947.
For 60 years Canada’s largest national association of boaters has been training Canadians in all aspects of recreational boating, canoes, cruisers, sail and powerboats. As of this date there are over 5000 experienced volunteers and trainers in over 190 Squadrons.